Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Return To Sender, Address Unknown...

This morning we were awoken by Federal Postal Investigation agents.

Yeah.

At 7:30 they had 2 SUV's parked on my front lawn and wanted to take me somewhere to investigate something. The asked if they could come in and ask a couple of questions before they took me to wherever it was they wanted to question me. (Please note, I did not plan to GO anywhere to be questioned without a lawyer - I'm not that stupid.)

They came into the livingroom and sat down with me still in my PJ's.

I was a good bit confused as to what I possible could have done.

See, I've been to the post office before... just a week or two ago I went for the first time in months and mailed a couple of packages. I brought my kids and wondered... "oh geezzzzz... what did they touch while I wasn't looking???"

I then went back last week to mail another to England. So my next thought was "uh-oh... did I mess up the customs form? No... that wouldn't bring on an actual visit... would it??"

If case you are wondering, the answer is no.

Apparently they were looking for a gal with the same name as me who worked as a CNA in Cleveland, TN... I've never been a CNA - I nearly took the test in college, but decided not to. I got to see her file - well, the outside of it. It was pretty large. One of those expanding accordion files jammed full.

I told them that I'd never held a job in the state of Tennessee. I told them my birthday (not the same as hers). I told them that 'Watts' is not my maiden name, and that I've never had any of her other names.

They seemed to believe me and decided that... of all things... the United Postal Service had... wait for it... can you guess????


The Wrong Address!



So, I have now been interrogated by Federal agents. I do have to say that I think they did a really shoddy job of it. See... I could have (not that I was, mind you) been lying in all my answers because they never once asked to see any identification to verify that I was indeed who I was making myself out to be.

How was your morning?

No comments: