Wednesday, December 20, 2006

So much for the daily blog...

I was sick for a week and a half. I'm still a little sniffly, but I'm better. Then the weekend hit, like it always does, and we were busybusybusy. Then the kids came home. Whoo-hooooo!

Yesterday I did all our shopping. Yes, I said all. We didn't have any money for the holidays, and finally found a little and got some gift $$ too. So off I went into the wilds of last minute Christmas shopping.

NEVER AGAIN I say, never again.

It was aweful. I just had a little list. Omah didn't want to ship stuff, so I was getting her gifts for the kids... prearranged of course, and I couldn't find 'em! I shluped from store to store, watching crazed shoppers filling carts to the brim with crap. I wandered through a couple of stores enjoying the shopping, but then I hit a wall. The neon lights, the noise, the parents yelling at their kids who were just being kids - you know, in a toystore but not allowed to get a thing. I was glad that I was able to leave the kids home with jme rather then drag them around - not to mention that it made it easier to keep things a secret.


Tonight I finished sewing some of the kids gifts, and we finally finished decorating the tree. We put it up right before I got sick, and just left it there with the lights on. It's really pretty now... the kids made ornaments to add to our little stash of old ones.

Now, if it would just snow.



(thanks to http://www.kerismith.com)

Pictures will come soon... but for now, I'm off to sleep...

No comments: